
But frankly, my dear, I don't give a . . . sassafrass. I am so tickled pink with my Sweetheart Socks that it doesn't matter to me that they're not quite finished by the deadline.
You see, I just figured out my first patterned heel pattern. The cable pattern on the heel flap is so cool that I think it warrants the purchase of a new pair of clogs just to show them off.

Alas, it is not easy to photograph the detail. In person, it is delicious looking. In photographs, meh! You'll just have to strain your eyes a bit and use your imagination to realize how cool these heel cables look.
I've always drooled over socks with cabled heel flaps but was a bit intimidated by figuring out how to center the pattern on the modified toe up patterns I usually cobble together. I always figured if I could do the pattern on the instep and cuff, I was doing well. But I've cracked the code and mastered the intricacies of patterned heel flaps, so keep your eyes peeled for more of the same.
I'm an inch up the cuff now, so I'll just keep going until I'm satisfied. In the meantime, I am drafting a pattern for the March socks. I may get those on the needles before Sweetheart is finished but my goal is to finish both before the end of March.
Can she do it????
2 comments:
YES SHE CAN! The socks look amazing! Will you start selling patterns!?
Can't wait to see the finished product and you have definitely earned a new pair of clogs!!
The patterned heel does look like quite a feat. These are gonna be awesome.
Post a Comment