
I have been marching ahead with my March installment in the Year in Socks. I bought this yarn last fall with socks for hubby in mind. But I loved the color so much that I have commandeered it for myself.
This Dream in Color yarn reminded me of the soft moss that grows in shady spots around here and I chose a moss and lace stitch pattern from a stitch dictionary to complement it.

I've made it around the heels and am working my way up the cuffs now.
I am just so pleased with the Widdershins heel flap that I use for most of the socks I make. As you can see here, this pattern fits all the nooks and crannies of my heel and sole. I make every effort to come up with stitch patterns that fit the stitch count of the original pattern because it just works so well.
(Sigh) You gotta love a good heel flap!
3 comments:
I really like the looks of this sock! I've been wanting to try the Widdershins pattern, guess I really have to now that I have heard this glowing endorsement.
The heel looks so Celtic, too! I love that! I, too will be putting down Widdershins as a new pattern to try!
They look really good, I will have to try that heel as I am really not sold on this other toe-up heel, but love the toe-up in other respects
Post a Comment