I am here (ish)....
You see, I realised that I am a severe sufferer of second sock syndrome. Realising and coming to terms with this meant learning a way to knit them both at once. I was also desperate to ditch the dpns.... so
- I learned to knit 1 sock on 2 circulars (boring)
- 2 socks one inside the other at the same time .... succeeded but I figured there had to be an easier way
- Moved on to 1 sock with one long circular.... via magic loop... ah ha... me like
- Finally progressed in the School of Sock to knit 2 toe-ups, magic 8 cast on, one circular needle... hey hey mission accomplished.... almost
- Completed education by learning 2 cuff downs on one circular.
After all that nonsense... I started a pair... and now I am here....
And still going
2 comments:
Brilliant! You are a determined person, I must say!
I now knit two socks at once out of both ends of the ball of yarn but I use two pairs of magic loop needles, one sock on each loop. It's a lot of wire sticking out of my bag, but I won't finish them otherwise.
OR, I knit the leg, put the sock on holder needles and knit the other leg, then the heel, then the instep blah blah blah.
Yay - I'm not alone. I am totally sold on two-at-a-time, magic loop knitting. AND toe-up, too.
Post a Comment