Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's a love/hate relationship.

I love my yarn.

I love my pattern.

I do not like my yarn and pattern. As I knit, I'm realizing that the pattern disappears with this yarn. A solid would have been a better choice. Chalk that up to experience!

As you can see, these will be toe-up socks. I tried (several times) to make a short-row toe which I can tell you, ended up with me in tears. So I knit a tube and increased from the bottom up. Lori (from Of Faith and Fiber) sent me some links that I will read before I begin my next sock. I'll link those sites in the side bar for anyone else who may decide to try toe-up socks this year.

My mom also had an interesting idea. Cast on the number of stitches I want for my toe, (in my case - 24), then knit 1 with needle 1, p 1 with needle two - you should end up with stitches on both needles. Has anyone tried this? It sounds brilliant.

1 comment:

PJS said...

I think I tried that cast on the one time I tried toe-ups (which were too big and frogged) i think it was starting the toe up that I found most difficult.

I love the yarn but it does hide the pattern a little. Maybe it will pick up a little as it gets bigger.