Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

OK, knitters! You should be halfway done with your February sock pair! Or, if you're like me, you'll just procrastinate until the very end. I brilliantly chose to use sport weight yarn and my little heart socks are knitting up in a jiffy - and they're fun to knit. I really like this pattern: Pattern: Hearts for Heidi (bought from Loopy Ewe) Yarn: White Oak Studio - TVyarn Fat Sock "Happy Valentine, Charlie Brown" Needles: US 3 Turbo circular ("40 inch)

I'll have to redo my toes. They're ugly.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Yes, sportweight was a wise choice! Your socks are great, even without perfect toes.

I am ready to do the toe on my first sock, so I'm not toooo far off schedule.

Kathleen said...

I have reached the halfway point with my first ever sock!!!! I can't believe I'm doing this! Tomorrow I hope to learn how to do a toe. Then I'll make the second sock and probably rip out the first one to re-do.

Oh yeah, you were right about the part where I say "what the...?", but I did keep going and I think I'm doing it right now...

Lorraine said...

Half-way! NOT! But I keep trying to squeak a little knitting time in on the socks. Maybe this weekend?