Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hello February.

Hi, I'm Jess aka saunaknitter on Ravelry. When I first read about A Year of Socks on Rani's blog I already had this pair underway. This is my first "real" pair of socks so I am cutting myself some slack and pretending that January doesn't exist...and even though there is nothing Valentine-y about these...they will be my February socks. I promise to get with the themes after this.


My project is the Child's Sock in Miranda Pattern from Nancy Bush's, Knitting Vintage Socks. The yarn was a gift from my good friend Senja. (I know she purchased it somewhere on Etsy, but now she is dying her own yarn, check it out!)

I knew the multicolored yarn and the pattern stitch combo was a bad idea but for some reason I forged ahead anyway. My gauge seems to be somewhat off and the leg shaping isn't matching my leg shape. I added one repeat on the leg after the final decreases and it helps some, but it isn't perfect. They also seem slightly tight across my instep,

not sure that it is enough to rip back and adjust for though. This last picture shows the pattern pretty well, and shows how nice the yarn looks in plain stockinette stitch.



Well, I've got a way to go, so I better get knitting!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Such gorgeous yarn! And if it's for your first . . . wow!

PJS said...

I see what you mean about the plain stocking stitch showing the yarn better, it's gorgeous yarn. Nice going for the first sock.