Ok. I've seen so many cool ideas out there for sock clubs, knit-a-thons, sock swaps, etc. that I thought to myself, "Hey! I have nothing better to do with my time (who needs clean dishes or clothes). Why don't I start up something fun like this, too!
So here it is. Join us in a year of sock knitting - ONE PAIR OF SOCKS PER MONTH! If you've never had the pleasure of knitting your own socks, now is the time to try! We will be dedicated to sock socks socks! Each month, you can knit a pair of socks based on a theme and then you pick the pattern/yarn and post your progress (or lack thereof) here on "A Year In Socks".
For January: You may post pictures of your favorite hand-knit socks OR a post about socks you knit in January.
For February: Well, obviously, the theme will be Valentine's Day. Your pair of socks should have a certain lovable, romantic flair to them. Be creative!
For March: Green for St. Patty's Day OR knit a pair for "March 4th into Spring!"
Since I don't want this to be dictated entirely by ME, please feel free to put forth your own ideas! We'll decide April, May, June soon enough. And get a knittin'!
If you'd like to join our blog, you can contact me at rarnarATgmailDOTcom and let me know your name and e-mail so I can add you to the roster. AND REMEMBER - I'm new to this, so I'll do my best to make it a fine place to be.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
woo hoo... i already picked my patterns for feb and march
I'm in, too. Both Easter and Spring Equinox occur in March. April does bring showers and May is full of ideas, fishing opening being only one.
Nama
OK, Rani, twist my arm . . . I'm in! I'm also bringing my mother, and possibly my sister into this with me! What a great idea (I know just which yarn I'm using for February!)
:O)
Post a Comment