Hello, fellow sockaholics. I am excited and a little nervous about committing to a year of socks but since I've kind of made a sock resolution already, what the heck.For January, I'll have to post these birthday socks made for my DH. They are made out of Dream in Color Smooshy yarn in Cocoa Kiss. I made up the sock pattern myself because my DH is pretty picky about the stitch pattern on his socks ("no lace, nothing girly and don't get all chunky").

For February, I plan on making the Sweetheart Socks from the IK Holiday Gifts 2007 Magazine. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time making gauge with the recommended 0 needles. Not owning anything smaller, I'm planning on redrafting the pattern slightly to make it a bit smaller. I have some lovely Dream in Color Smooshy in Gothic Rose that I LOVE. Yummmmm!
Don't worry, I won't actually cast on before February first. I'm just swatching because these socks are too lovely to risk messing them up.
2 comments:
Cocoa Kiss. That's perfect! And the stitch pattern is awesome. You are such a clever clever woman!
These look really nice! Lucky husband you have.
Post a Comment