My handpainted yarn, inspired by the crocus that bloom by my lightpost every spring.
I dyed the yarn in May 07. It is knitpicks bare. I used Wilton Gel Food Color.
This pair is a gift for a friend's Labor Day Birthday.
But, like almost all the socks I knit, I want to keep them for myself!!
They are so soft and the colors are much better in person.
As for August... I guess an American of Irish and Dutch descent will have to have a cable or two... A Dutch Heel, ala Folk Socks, for sure.
Either the Irish didn't wear socks or they were too boring to make it into the book!
I dyed the yarn in May 07. It is knitpicks bare. I used Wilton Gel Food Color.
This pair is a gift for a friend's Labor Day Birthday.But, like almost all the socks I knit, I want to keep them for myself!!
They are so soft and the colors are much better in person.
As for August... I guess an American of Irish and Dutch descent will have to have a cable or two... A Dutch Heel, ala Folk Socks, for sure.
Either the Irish didn't wear socks or they were too boring to make it into the book!
1 comment:
Can't wait to see what you create - LVOE the hand dyed socks!!!
Post a Comment