Friday, August 15, 2008

Day late and a pair of socks short

I've finally got something to show this summer. These are my May installment in the year of socks. These will be sent to Rani to be included in the charity package she's putting together. They are the Slouch Sock pattern from Socks, Socks, Socks. Of course, I had to tweak the pattern to make them toe-up but that's just how I roll. They are made from yarn I dyed myself a couple years back at Shepherd's Harvest.

I also finished the June socks. These are for my hubby as an anniversary gift. I made up my own pattern, a simple 3x2 rib using a generic toe-up formula. I can't tell you what the yarn is because I have misplaced the ball band. I tend to pick up subtle, manly colors of sock yarn when I find them. Hubby doesn't like bright colors or wildly patterned sock yarn. Go figure.

I'm on a mission to cast on two more pairs of socks and try and get caught up with the challenge of a pair a month in a short hurry. Any wagers on how well I'll do?

2 comments:

Guinifer said...

No wagers - but I'll cheer you on!

I really like the colors of the yarn you died.

Margaret Cloud said...

those socks look comfortable and soft.